Elizabeth Anne Designs and The Sweetest Occasion, share a belief that the best weddings are those that are unique and personal to the couple, as well as a passion for the sweet details that make occasions large and small personal and unique. Indie Wed seeks to connect engaged couples with the wedding artisans that inspire them through a series of innovative events.
With that in mind, we are excited to challenge wedding vendors to team up and create an original wedding concept to inspire couples as they plan their celebration. Here are some examples from the previous IC contest.
The theme for this contest is quite simply, “Indie Wed”. How do you perceive the typical Indie Wed couple? What fun and unique concepts can you share with them? What superstar team of vendors can you assemble to really show couples what it truly means to be an Indie Wed Bride and/or Groom. Your goal is to create a vignette that best represents your concept.
The possibilities are limitless! Here are a few examples of concepts you may want to create:
Guest book concept
Ceremony or reception decor
Food and/or drink display
This contest is open to all wedding professionals. You do not need to be a vendor at the Indie Wed event to participate.
1. Assemble your team of wedding all-stars and start brainstorming ideas.
1. Submit an application/proposal as outlined below briefly detailing your concept with a visual mood board for inspiration due by Friday, Nov 18.
2. We will select 6 entries that we would like to see created live – you will be notified by Friday, Dec 2.
3. Only the chosen teams will begin working on their concepts and will have until Friday, Jan 27 to prep. A $100 fee will be due from these 6 teams only.
4. These 6 teams must assemble their vignettes during set up for the Indie Wed event on Friday, Jan. 27th. This will be the only day to set up and you will have limited time.
5. Teams photographers must shoot their concept at the end of set up on the 27th.
6. Assembled vignettes will be viewable during the Indie Wed event on Sat. Jan. 28th.
Teams will submit an initial application detailing their concept. From there approximately 6 teams will be selected to create their concept live at the 3rd Annual Indie Wed event on January 28th, 2012. There is no fee to apply to participate, however if your team is chosen to display your concept at Indie Wed, there is a $100 participation fee to help cover marketing costs.
Anything goes, so get a little wild and think outside the box! The catch? If selected, teams can not spend more than $500 on materials/rentals for your creation – your goal is to inspire couples to infuse their celebration with personal touches that are inspired and unique, yet approachable for most every budget. Spend as little or as much as you like within the $500 budget.
Each eligible vendor (see submissions requirements for details) on the teams judged to have the top two most creative and unique ideas will win:
Grand Prize Team: Three months of front page advertising on both Elizabeth Anne Designs and The Sweetest Occasion, as well as annual featured vendor listing on Elizabeth Anne Designs. For a team with the maximum four eligible vendors, that’s a total prize value of over $3,500!
2nd Runner-up Team: 1 month of front page advertising on both Elizabeth Anne Designs and The Sweetest Occasion and annual featured vendor listing on Elizabeth Anne Designs. ($2,180 value)
All winning vendors will also receive a one year premium listing in the new Indie Wed directory ($2000 value)
In addition to the fabulous prizes we’ll be handing out to the top two teams, every participating concept will receive editorial coverage on Elizabeth Anne Designs and/or The Sweetest Occasion, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below. Participating teams will also be featured live at the winter Indie Wed event in January 2012 with multiple promotional opportunites.
The winner and runners-up will be determined by Kelly, Ami, Cyd and a panel of guest judges along with input from the Indie Wed event attendees. (Last year’s event welcomed nearly 1400 guests)
Kelly, Ami + Cyd
All information must be received via email to email@example.com with the subject “Inspired Creations Contest”
Each team should consist of no more than four primary vendors that will be eligble for prizes. However, teams are welcome to involve as many vendors as they wish on their project.
Vendors who choose to contribute to multiple creative teams may only be eligible for prizes on one concept. For example, a photographer who shoots four concepts can only be an eligible vendor for prize-winning purposes on one of the four concept submissions.
Each team must include the following in their proposal:
- A list of team’s vendors including twitter names if applicable
- A brief summary of your concept
- A mood board / inspiration board collage of your inspiration (this is an assemblage of inspirational images that convey the feeling of your concept. you are not actually creating anything yet)
Please send only one email per team! Complete applications must be received by Friday, 11/18/2011. There is no fee to apply to participate, however if your team is chosen to display your concept at Indie Wed, there is a $100 participation fee to help cover marketing costs
From all applications received, six teams will be selected to create their concept live for the next Indie Wed event in January. Chosen teams will be notified by Friday, 12/2/2011. If your team is selected, you will receive a more detailed email outlining further instructions to include:
- Payment of $100 fee per team (to offset costs for marketing etc)
- You will have to give a breakdown of how your $500 budget was used. (remember, you don’t have to use the full $500 limit)
- Submit no less than 20 individual photos of your concept. You are responsible for the photography of your creation! (Teams will be given a time for their photographer to shoot their concept)
- A list of all participating vendors & website links (this can include any beyond the four core members)
- Editorial text detailing the inspiration, concept, any handmade elements etc.
- Teams must be available to set up their creations on Friday, 1/27/2011 during the day.
Teams will set up and shoot their vignettes prior to the Indie Wed event. The creations will be on display for the full duration of the event and must be broken down at the end of the event. Photographs submitted of the concepts will be on display on one or both of the sponsoring blogs in the following week(s). Winners will be announced in the following weeks after the event.
THE FINE PRINT
Please email any questions about contest rules to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teams are encouraged to Tweet and blog about their participation in the contest. However, no photographs of the submission may be published on any blog, including your own, or on Twitter prior to publication on Elizabeth Anne Designs and/or The Sweetest Occasion. Publication prior to the unveiling of your concept on Elizabeth Anne Designs and/or The Sweetest Occasion will void your submission.
We will email you when your concept has been blogged, and at that point we would love it if you would shout your creative genius from the rooftops!
Enormous thanks to the talented Heidi from Idieh Design for creating the Inspired Creations Contest logo!