When and where is Indie Wed?
Check our upcoming events page as we hold multiple events each year in various locations. Our next event is in Chicago on January 31st, 2015 at the Ravenswood Event Center.
How do I participate?
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, you will need to fill out an online application that includes photos and a $10 non-refundable application fee.
Why is there an application fee?
The $10 non-refundable application fee covers the processing and review of all applications. We typically get several hundred applications to each event. This is a lengthy process since we carefully review each application, the photos, websites etc. This does not guarantee a space in the show. The fee is in addition to the participation costs if accepted.
What does it mean that Indie Wed is juried?
Exhibition space is limited therefore we must review all applications before selecting our participants. All completed applications will be juried by a committee based on criteria that includes; does your product/service reflect the idea of Indie Wed, the quality and unique nature of your product/service, and how they are highlighted in your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications we can not guarantee a personal response to your application. We also try to maintain a balance between vendors with different price points as well as a mix of new and veteran vendors. Sometimes this means that previous vendors might not make it into the next show.
Why are there different vendor spaces?
We hope to showcase the most diverse group of designers for each show & market. By having different spaces available, we are able to have a larger option for more established designers with a larger product line as well as offering a more affordable, smaller space for up-and-coming designers who may not otherwise be able to afford space at such an event
What is the cost to participate and what is included in the fee?
Each event has different offerings due to the size and scope of the show. In addition to what is listed below, all participants will receive a temporary vendor permit, an image and link on our website, other marketing opportunities, optional participation in our community blog and much more.
For our next Chicago event we have these offerings available. Please note: The table fees vary between shows as well since since some venues are smaller and we can’t accommodate as many vendors, yet much of our costs for promoting are still the same as the shows where we have more revenue.
- 3′ Vendor Table - this is the smallest and most affordable space available at $150. The cost includes a 3′x30″ table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space is roughly 3 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 3′x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity not guaranteed. Table and 1 chair is included.
- 6′ Vendor Table – this is the space that most vendors will select. The cost is $250 and includes a 6′x30″ banquet table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space will be approximately 6 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 6′x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity is not guaranteed. Table and 2 chairs are included.
- 8′ Vendor Table - this is the space that most vendors will select. The cost is $350 and includes an 8′x30″ banquet table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space will be approximately 8 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 8′x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity is not guaranteed. Table and 2 chairs are included.
- 8×8′ Pipe & Drape Booth - You will be given an empty 8×8′ booth space with standard 8′ tall pipe & WHITE drape walls. You may decorate your space as you see fit, with tables, mannequins/models, or other appropriate displays. This space is perfect for someone who has larger items, requires a more open space, or wants to create a more unique display. The $550 fee includes pipe & drape walls on three sides & guaranteed access to electricity. Tables will be available for rent at an additional $10.
- Photo Booth Open Space – this is for vendors with a freestanding photo booth. The cost is $375 and does NOT include a table. Instead you will be given a much larger open space (apx 7′x7′), guaranteed to have electricity.
- Caterer’s space – this option is for full service caterers only who opt to provide food samples for guests. A small $50 fee includes 2 8′x30″ banquet tables, basic linens, and a small prep table. Electricity may be available for hotboxes etc. Vendors who are only serving sweets, favors etc would not select this option.
- Other – if you have different space requirements than what is offered above, email us at email@example.com. We can see if it is possible to accommodate you.
- Musicians - we will have a small area for you to preform if you choose. This will be in addition to your space. Therefore you do not need to select a space large enough to play in. A table large enough for your promo materials will suffice. (many musicians opt for the 3′ table)
- Fashion vendors – at the moment we are not planning to have a formal runway show due to space constraints. Vendors typically opt for wandering models or having dress forms on display at their space.
- Venue Managers – unfortunately at the moment we do not accept applications from other venues. You may contact us about advertising and other online opportunities.
Is there electricity or WiFi?
Electrical outlets are available but very limited. Artists can request access to electricity but we can not guarantee it. WiFi is usually available at most of our locations. Specific information is given to vendors in their vendor packets after their acceptance into the show.
Can I have two spaces?
Due to the number of applications and the size of our shows, we can not offer this option at this time.
Can I share a booth?
Each show is different. For the Chicago event we are allowing businesses to apply together and share a table. Both businesses must apply using ONE application form (and only one app fee). This does not guarantee that both businesses will be accepted. If only one business is accepted, you will have the option to keep the entire table for yourself or being paired with another vendor to share (if available).
How will I know if I have been selected?
Check the schedule under the current event to see all deadlines and to find out if you have been selected. You may also be placed on a waiting list if not initially selected to participate. Unfortunately we wont be able to accept everyone even if we really, really like your work.
Do I need a vendor permit or license?
All vendors are required to be licensed, legal businesses within their home state. You will be required to provide you state sales tax ID.
**Food or alcohol vendors may be required to provide additional certification. You will be contacted individually. Any alcohol related business must have appropriate permits allowing to serve offsite. Food vendors must also be certified to serve offsite.
It will be your responsibility to make sure you are properly registered with the IRS and collect sales tax for any items you sell. You will have to pay income tax and sales tax on any sales made come tax time. Information will be given out in detail to accepted vendors.
Do I need insurance?
You will have two options regarding insurance for the event. You can either get a certificate of insurance from your insurance agent naming both Indie Wed, LLC and the venue as additional insured for the day. (your insurance company should provide this free of charge) or you can sign a simple waiver. Full details on both of these options will be sent out in your vendor packet, if accepted.
Will there be promotional opportunities?
You will be able to participate in a variety of promotional opportunities in addition to our standard print and online advertising. Participants will be notified of all opportunities as the show approaches.
How else can I help out?
We are always looking for volunteers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more ways to get involved.