Indie Wed is a unique event that combines the idea of a traditional wedding show with a street bazaar, highlighting local and nearby independent designers and artisans. Most bridal shows tend to cater to a very specific vision of what a wedding should be. Indie Wed is geared towards couples who want to take an “independent” approach to their event. It is wedding planning… redefined.
Check our upcoming events page as we hold multiple events each year in various locations.
Indie Wed features a carefully curated selection of vendors from traditional to quirky, all chosen to give you a diverse selection of the very best in independent wedding professionals. We try to cover every category for your wedding planning needs and even a few that will take you beyond your wedding day. You might even see a few vendors you didn’t even realize you needed until you saw them at Indie Wed.
Ticket prices vary by event so please check the individual event page for more details. Typically we have early bird pricing as well as standard pricing for both individuals and couples (betrothed, best friends, mom & daughter…. any two people coming together). Ticket sales end the day before the event. Afterwords day of tickets can be purchased at the door for a slightly higher fee.
Oh, will there ever! For an average event, we have anywhere between 5-8 of the area’s finest caterers providing tons of samples for all our guests. Most caterers also provide vegetarian, vegan, and/or gluten free options though we can’t guarantee it. In addition to dinner samples, your sweet tooth won’t go neglected with all of the pastry chefs on display. Let’s just say, you could come to Indie Wed on an empty stomach and feel full at the end.
If you purchase tickets but are no longer able to attend, we can give you a refund if you notify us up to the day before the event. Once the day of the event arrives, unfortunately, we are no longer able to give refunds.
If you are interested in becoming a vendor, you will need to fill out an online application that includes photos and a $10 non-refundable application fee.
Exhibition space is limited therefore we must review all applications before selecting our participants. All completed applications will be juried by a committee based on criteria that include; does your product/service reflect the idea of Indie Wed, the quality and unique nature of your product/service, and how they are highlighted in your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, we can not guarantee a personal response to your application. We also try to maintain a balance between vendors with different price points as well as a mix of new and veteran vendors. Sometimes this means that previous vendors might not make it into the next show.
The $10 non-refundable application fee covers the processing and review of all applications. We typically get several hundred applications to each event. This is a lengthy process since we carefully review each application, the photos, websites etc. This does not guarantee a space in the show. The fee is in addition to the participation costs if accepted.
Each event has different offerings due to the size and scope of the show. In addition to what is listed below, all participants will receive a temporary vendor permit, an image and link on our website, other marketing opportunities, optional participation in our community blog and much more.
Fees vary from location to location based on the size of the venue and the number of spaces available. We intentionally keep our prices low and affordable allowing small businesses to participate. Below is an example of the offerings typical of our annual Chicago event. Keep in mind that this may vary from city to city.
- 3′ Vendor Table – this is the smallest and most affordable space available at $175. The cost includes a 3’x30″ table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space is roughly 3 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 3’x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity not guaranteed. Table and 1 chair is included.
- 6′ Vendor Table – this is the space that most vendors will select. The cost is $275 and includes a 6’x30″ banquet table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space will be approximately 6 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 6’x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity is not guaranteed. Table and 2 chairs are included.
- 8′ Vendor Table – this is the space that most vendors will select. The cost is $375 and includes an 8’x30″ banquet table. You must provide your own table coverings. The entire space will be approximately 8 feet wide (with a little space between tables) and enough room to stand behind the table. The depth of the space will be around 6 feet total including the depth of the table. You also have the option to not use the provided table and will instead have a 8’x 6′ space to work with and create a display in. Electricity is not guaranteed. Table and 2 chairs are included.
- 8×8′ Pipe & Drape Booth – You will be given an empty 8×8′ booth space with standard 8′ tall pipe & WHITE drape walls. You may decorate your space as you see fit, with tables, mannequins/models, or other appropriate displays. This space is perfect for someone who has larger items, requires a more open space, or wants to create a more unique display. The $600 fee includes pipe & drape walls on three sides & guaranteed access to electricity. Tables will be available for rent at an additional $10.
- Photo Booth Open Space – this is for vendors with a freestanding photo booth. The cost is $375 and does NOT include a table. Instead you will be given a much larger open space (apx 7’x7′), guaranteed to have electricity.
- Caterer’s space – this option is for full-service caterers only who opt to provide food samples for guests. A small $50 fee includes 2 8’x30″ banquet tables, basic linens, and a small back table. Electricity may be available for hotboxes etc. Vendors who are only serving sweets, favors etc would notselect this option.
- Other – if you have different space requirements than what is offered above, email us at email@example.com. We can see if it is possible to accommodate you.
- Musicians – we will have a small area for you to preform if you choose. This will be in addition to your space. Therefore you do not need to select a space large enough to play in. A table large enough for your promo materials will suffice. (many musicians opt for the 3′ table)
- Venue Managers – unfortunately at the moment we do not accept applications from other venues. You may contact us about advertising and other online opportunities.
We hope to showcase the most diverse group of designers for each show & market. By having different spaces available, we are able to have a larger option for more established designers with a larger product line as well as offering a more affordable, smaller space for up-and-coming designers who may not otherwise be able to afford space at such an event.
Each show is different. For most events, we do allow sharing. If so, you will see an option for sharing on the application. Both businesses must apply using ONE application form (and only one app fee). This does not guarantee that both businesses will be accepted. If only one business is accepted, you will have the option to keep the entire table for yourself or being paired with another vendor to share (if available).
Due to the number of applications and the size of our shows, we can not offer this option at this time.
Electrical outlets are available but very limited. Artists can request access to electricity but we can not guarantee it. WiFi is usually available at most of our locations. Specific information is given to vendors in their vendor packets after their acceptance into the show.
Check the schedule under the current event to see all deadlines and to find out if you have been selected. You may also be placed on a waiting list if not initially selected to participate. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to accept everyone even if we really, really like your work.
All vendors are required to be licensed, legal businesses within their home state. You will be required to provide you state sales tax ID.
**Food or alcohol vendors may be required to provide additional certification. You will be contacted individually. Any alcohol related business must have appropriate permits allowing to serve offsite. Food vendors must also be certified to serve offsite.
It will be your responsibility to make sure you are properly registered with the IRS and collect sales tax for any items you sell. You will have to pay income tax and sales tax on any sales made come tax time. Information will be given out in detail to accepted vendors.
You will have two options regarding insurance for the event. You can either get a certificate of insurance from your insurance agent naming both Indie Wed, LLC and the venue as additional insured for the day. (your insurance company should provide this free of charge) or you can sign a simple waiver. Full details on both of these options will be sent out in your vendor packet if accepted.
You will be able to participate in a variety of promotional opportunities in addition to our standard print and online advertising. Participants will be notified of all opportunities as the show approaches.
The $10 application fee is non-refundable. If you are no longer able to participate after you have paid your vendor fee, you will receive a full refund as long as it is within the deadline listed in the application information for the specific event. Unfortunately, any requests for refunds after this deadline may not be granted unless we have a comparable replacement on our waiting list.
More often than not, the reason we have to turn vendors away is simply because of space. We intentionally keep numbers of vendors per category low so that the show isn’t oversaturated in one area. While we often have vendors participate again, we try to rotate out veterans with new vendors in order to keep things fresh. You may also be on our waitlist in the event that a vendor falls through. If you still don’t make it into the show, it would be worth the small investment of a ticket to attend the event and get a feel for the types of vendors that we have. Take notes, see what vendors are showcasing, go home and study their websites. Think of how you can make your application stand out the next year.
We are always looking for volunteers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more ways to get involved.